2015年11月9日星期一

Celebrating Thala Deepavali in style

Celebrating Thala Deepavali in style
We are having a combined family celebration this year.
Shanthanu Bhagyaraj, Actor
The Deepavali fever has caught on here. All my cousins and my wife Keerthi's cousins have come home. Both our families are going to meet at my house and celebrate Deepavali together. I generally head to the theaters to catch the first day first show of movies - be it Vijay's films or Ajith's films, but this time it will be second day show. We are heading to an orphanage first and we will be distributing clothes and food to the children. Then we will be celebrating at home. There is also a lot of food and sweets and I'm sure at the end of it, we are going to pile on the pounds. After the festivals, we will have to head to the gym. (laughs) We also have special Thala Deepavali shows that will be telecast in three popular Tamil channels.
Arulnithi, Actor
Usually, we celebrate Pongal in a grand way, but Thala Deepavali should be fun

Since childhood, Deepavali has always been about bursting crackers with friends and eating a lot of good food. As I grew up, noise and air pollution became an issue and I conciously refrained from bursting crackers. My friends and I, would just light one or two vedis. But this Deepavali is very special for me. I will be heading to Keerthana's place and we will celebrate the festival in a grand way. Keerthana's mother has a grand feast planned out for us. I showed her a picture of a mapillai (groom) eating from a massive banana leaf (which went viral online), and told them this is exactly what I don't want. I don't generally eat a lot of sweets. So, I have asked them to make just two or three sweets. I remember as a child, my father used to pull me aside and rub oil on my head, early in the morning. But these days, I don't apply oil, even on a regular day. So no oil baths for me (laughs). Coincidently, it is also my brother-in-law's thala Deepavali. He too married recently. All of us are going to celebrate it together. It is going to be a lot of fun. Keerthana's family will also visit our place and we will have a get together of sorts. Unfortunately, we couldn't plan an trip out of station, because I am shooting for the remake of the Malayalam film Memories. For us, Pongal is a big deal and we celebrate that in a grander fashion. Nevertheless, I'm expecting this Deepavali to be fun.Read more at:short prom dresses | plus size prom dresses

没有评论:

发表评论